Pages

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Body Fit


Today I have woken up to my arms and leg muscles acheing this is due to fitness activities I have taken up this year. As I have got older Ive noticed I am not as active as I used to be and my flexibility levels have really gone down. I remember when I was in high school I was able to do the splits, cart wheels, front flips you name it but now I cant do any of that without feeling pain. I felt weight gain in areas that I did not want and controlling the weight became difficult. I was not finding myself attractive with my body appearance and I did not feel fit at all. So I knew I had to make a change, I had to take on some fitness activities!

I have taken up 4 fitness activities that I love and really enjoy. I can definately feel an improvement in my body and my energy levels have jumped up which is great. I feel very sexy, body confident, fit and healthy. I have taken up 1 to 1 personal training sessions every saturday, burlesque and pole dance on tuesdays and belly dance on mondays.

Along with this I have started to eat healthy, I must admit healthy food tastes very bland but I know it is very good for the body so I shall not complain. I have been eating oats every morning salads in the afternoon and a warm cooked meal in the evenings. I am trying to take meat fully out of my diet and stick with chicken and fish. Water is a must for me as I tend to get dehydrated very quickly, the killer for me is green tea! but we all know toxins have to be removed from the body.

My 1 to 1 personal training sessions are very intense and my body feels pain for 3 to 4 days after which is a good sign, it means my body muscles have really worked hard. I work on my arms, legs, tums and bums an all over body workout. As the weeks go by I can feel my body getting stronger and I can take on heavier weights through this fitness regime. At first I used to hate exercise and refused to go to a gym, but luckily I do in house training with my personal trainer so I dot have all eyes on me. I also have a workout buddy my sister which helps as we motivate each other. After doing this workout my body feels alive and Im loving it!

I have always liked the look of pole dance and burlesque but I knew as easy as it looks it wouldnt be. I am currently doing pole dance classes which is so much fun, the ladies in the group are friendly and great to work with as we motivate and help one another. I always come out of the class smiling as It is so enjoyable, I am also learning some very seductive yet acrobatic moves that really work the arm and leg muscles. Pole dance classes is definately something I will continue and I am looking to invest in my own pole. I took some burlesque classes which brought out a whole side of me that I would tend to hide. Its like burlesque brings the she out of you, the confident, sexy and glamourous side of you. You learn the art of seduction, strip tease and more. To make sure I do not forget the moves I have a dvd and I practise the moves once a week in my room. Its brilliant for building up your confidence and loving your body type.

I have always loved belly dance and always knew how to do some of the moves but I wanted to learn more so I invested in a dvd which has taught me so much and I must say looking at myself in the mirror doing it has really helped build my confidence as I feel the sex appeal and the beauty of the body movements.

I feel like a new me!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment