Pages

Monday 14 June 2010

women unite





Today has been a really good day for me, on the weekend I was inspired by a movie I went to see with some of my close female friends. We went to see sex and the city 2, I felt it could have been a lot better than what it was but still I enjoyed it. I personally loved the fact that it was about a group of women who were very close friends and done so much together. talked, laughed, travelled together and when in need of support they had each other. This made me wish so much that females everywhere can do this.

We live in a world where now adays females are not that supportive of one another, they compete instead. You always hear of friendships breaking up and I have experienced this many times myself due to friends insecurites, jealousy and competing. Instead of loving, praising and being supportive of one another we have to spot out the flaws within each other and make one feel low about this flaw. I do not agree with this way of life. I am a woman of colour and I am proud of where I come from and who I am. I accept all people of different race and have friends and family of different race who I love. Sometimes I wish women of all races would come together and just be happy around each other. It would be great if we came together so that we can fight back on all these sterotypes that we are given.

What some people fail to see is that women are put under so much pressure, were divided in to groups which goes by our shape, our race, our sexuality and so on. Because we are all being split up and put in to groups we are now under pressure to compete with one another. We see our differences more clearly and we also see our similarities, then we start to compare each other and wonder whose better. When reality is nobody is better we are equal. We all have flaws whether it be on the inside or outside.

As a woman of colour the sterotypes I am given I personally throw right back and do not recieve. I am now telling women do not accept the sterotype people try to give you, the people sterotyping are ignorant and arrogant, that's all negative energy that you do not need in your life. I am not sayying you should fight with violence I am saying walk away from it, do not argue with them as you will be wasting your time and breath on someone who is so stuck in their ignorant ways that their mind will never change. They have a vision of you but their vision is correct, they do not shape you as a person or your life, you do!

because I am a woman of colour, people tend to say that I should be loud, rude, aggressive, feisty, non appreciative of the men in my life, I like to fight, have an attitude and a whole lot more negative attributes. My argument to this is these words are a description, a description of someones character. Not everyone has the same character we are all different! but may have some similarities. If you have been hurt or affected by a woman of colour what you ned to realise and accept is that it was the womans character or what she done in a situation that hurt you, not a black woman or black women. Do not blame it on her race, it was her character, do not judge every other woman of colour for her behaviour. What she done was not their fault or mine. And that goes for every woman you judge by their colour whether they be asian, white, mixed or black. It annoys me when people bring colour in to everything, this is why women struggle to come together and just be happy, were constantly being divided. Its not fair and its not right!

The amount of times people will say your not really like other black girls are you, that in itself is extremely annoying and I find offensive. I am human, I am quite a patient, happy and relaxed person but that is my character. But of course being human there are times I do get angry and may cry or shout, everyone does. If you have emotions bottled up you have to let it out before you drive yourelf crazy. Every woman does this just like every man does, its got nothing to do with colour!

Why do women have to worry about their size? colour? hair? we should'nt have to go through all of that in life, we just want happiness! is that so hard to ask for??!!.
I am quite petite all over and I can laugh with my friends and say "I wish I had your big boobs or I wish I had your big bum and thighs!", because they have great big boobs and bums! butsaying that I love and accept my body lol, I think the human body is a beautiful thing and there is no such thing as the perfect body. Women should embrace and love their bodies, instead of judging and competing with other women pay them a compliment. This is a nice way to start a new positive friendship, we all love compliments!

I love being around women who are bigger than me, smaller than me, darker than me, lighter than me, taller than me, shorter than me it shows diversity, and I love being in diverse groups. Its nice to know that I am being accepted for who I am and not what I am and vice versa. Erase the colour of my skin and I am still a woman just like every other woman. We may not be the same size, race, religion etc but we all deserve to be accepted and loved. I love accept and approve of myself, and to the women out there I love, accept and approve of you.

Love one another and support one another so we can beat all the negativity the media and society are trying to put in our lives!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment