Pages

Thursday 7 July 2011

A brand new me

I have been away from my blog, facebook and all other social network sites that I am on. I have been gradually adapting to motherhood, I have been very busy the past 2 months getting my son settled in to his new environment and making sure we are stable. The times we are living in is very difficult at the moment especially with all the cut backs, people losing their jobs and newly developed homes appearing on every corner. I personally would have loved to bring my son in to the world knowing that I was happily married, living & owned a big comfortable house, had a family car and have millions in the bank but lets be realistic that is just not how I am living right now.

I am happy and proud to say I have brought my son in to the world knowing that I am a strong loving single parent, he has a roof over his head, a big group of close family and friends who really love & support him and have enough money to help us get by.

Becoming a mother has helped me change so much as a person, when becoming a parent you really have to grow up and become a great role model to your child. As tiring as it is being a parent it is very enjoyable and I feel highly blessed to have been given this perfect gift, my son.

In the space of 2 months he has grown and developed so much, he smiles, laughs, babbles and has a high interest in watching tv. His personality is showing through and he really is a funny character. Everyday communication with him and introducing him to childrens educational programmes has really helped him become more alert. Seeing his progression helps me see that I am doing things the right way and I feel proud of myself. This time last year I never thought I would be a mother so soon! but I must say I love being a mother. At times it can be hard as you dont really have time for yourself especially as a nursing mother, there is so much to do feed the baby, change the baby, bath the baby, clean the house, buy baby stuff, buy stuff for yourself, sort out babies documents, visitors coming around all the time etc etc.

There has been days that I had not been able to comb & style my hair, wear my best outfits or get my nails done so once again I decided to shave my hair all off (going natural) and not stress about my image. Since shaving my hair I dont have to worry about combing my hair which is a relief as before that I looked like a wild jungle woman on a daily basis. I can also breathe. Becoming a parent you have to learn to adjust to change, its like starting a new life, living as a new you.

Motherhood does have its down sides but Im learning to accept them and be appreciative as there are women out there who cant or have not had children and would do anything to become a mother. My body has really changed and it is not how I like it to be but If I want that to change I know I need to work on it. I look back at pictures when my body was slim and flawless, I now have extra fat on my body, Im 2 sizes bigger than I used to be and I have gained stretchmarks on my thighs and belly. I have also had to deal with many sleepless nights like every other mother or father who cares for their child which is really really draining. I find myself rocking my son to sleep with 1 eye closed the other open at night sometimes, thats how tired I am, I fight sleep. But you have to look at the bright side of things its all for my son. The first month with my son I was quite down about how I looked but now I love the way I look! I love & accept every stretch mark and can see the beauty within them. My stretch marks are the result of my beautiful healthy little boy! This excess fat can be toned and it will be toned.

I have been working on a 30 day challenge that consists of living good and being good. I am currently on day 7 of my challenge which is a day of rest, and I must say I have been in need of rest! So today I have been in my pjs lying in bed with my son having mother and son time bonding. I will post up my 30 day challenge within the week and maybe you can try it also! I am on a mission to live a healthy lifestyle and see life in a positive light everyday of my life. The day my son entered the world is the day I promised to make a positive change and now its time to really put that in to action, not only for the sake of my son but for my sake too.

I have ended unhealthy friendships, taken myself off twitter as who really has time to update their status every other minute???, ammended the websites I do control and keep myself away from the internet. It is time to focus on me and my son. Our lives, our happiness, our future, our development. I have so much to think about and so much to work towards, so many challenges to face. I have a big responsibility now as a parent, my aim is to inspire my son, let him live a good healthy lifestyle and to live in pure love and happiness. I want to raise him with a positive mind and positive action, I want him to live his life to the fullest. But to do that I need to set the example and show him how to live this life, to do this I need to start with me!

If their is anybodies life I can control its my own! and I choose to live a happy life, with my son now being here has made me realise this, so I am enjoying everyday from now on and giving thanks to God above for all my blessings

x

No comments:

Post a Comment