Pages

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Bonding



The Bank holiday weekend has just gone and it was a fun packed weekend for myself. As women I find at times we dont balance our lives we commit to 1 or 2 things only. A strong point about myself Is balance, I always have time for work, family, friends and myself. This weekend was family, friends and me time. I never realised how good it is to be in the company of other females sometimes, sometimes Its good to let go of you and just go out, have a laugh, have girl talk.

My cousin is getting married and so myself and my sisters arranged a day of wedding planning. My cousin is the same age as me and happens to be my god sister, friends have asked me do I feel any envy or jealousy towards her....the truth is not at all!, I am so happy for her and she is an inspiration to me. It made me look at my own life and I know 100% that 1 day I will get married. Seeing the joy and excitement in her face brought out the same feelings in me. Although I am not in a relationship it gave me more of an insight on how relationships can develop and I want that. I want to form a relationship 1 day which will lead in to marriage and children. My sisters and I will be bridesmaids and I am honoured at that, I cant wait for the big day!. For the day we went out for dinner, chatted about hen nights, honeymoons, the wedding and It was so much fun. We went out looking for shoes and accesories. The highlight of the day was going back down memory lane, reminiscing on when we were young and the mischief we used to get up to. It was nice seeing our faces lightt up and laugh at some of the things we used to do and It is amazing to see how we have grown in to women. The best part of the day was being together and having that bonding time, It really takes your mind away from work, home etc.

My weekend also included a birthday party with a friend who myself and my sisters class as a sister, it was nice to be with her and her close family. We sat and talked, ate good food, had a laugh, had girly talk. All in all it was a lovely evening.

These 2 events made me go home and really think about my life, I am so thankful to have these people in my life, people who are family, people I can talk to and laugh with. Its occassions like this at times we shut out for our partners or work, when really we should make time for family. we should be able to make time for a lot of things in life as in all honesty these precious things can be taken away from us in a second. I love and appreciate my family and I love the fact that we are expanding. Looking back at all the fun we had in just 2 days filled my heart with joy and I am so happy that I was apart of it.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment